Friday, February 18, 2011

Retail Therapy

Everyone needs a little retail therapy once in a while and I had some recently. I hadn't planned on it and didn't know how much I needed it. One of my good friends and I had planned to go to Gandhi Smriti (where Gandhi lived the last year of his life and was assassinated, more to come on that soon). We had actually been trying to go for two weeks in a row. The first week I wasn't well and then when we did show up one day it was closed (fyi, don't go on Monday). I know, you'd think one of us would have looked it up, but no. So we sat there for a few minutes trying to decide where to go until we had to be back for school pick up. Dilli Haat, that was it. Dilli Haat is an open air market space that rotates its vendors about every two weeks. It's full of handicrafts, shoes, jewelry, clothes, and more scarves than you can imagine. It's the one market I know of here in Delhi that you have to pay (15 rupees about 30 cents) to get in. It's fun to walk around and check out the goods. Both my friend and I didn't have anything specific in mind and we both walked away with some super cute clothes and bangles. It's amazing how a few hours with a good friend and a few purchases can brighten your day.







1 comment: