Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When something happens...

You want to be there, but living far from family and friends you can't. About three weeks ago we lost our Gramma Vi. I wasn't sure if we should make the big trip or not. My husband said go, my friends here said go, my mom said she'd understand if we couldn't go. So we went. The boys and I arrived just in time to say good-bye. It was so nice to be able to be there because as with all family gatherings, whether for happy or sad occasions, it was really great to be able to spend time with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, uncles, aunts and all the cousins. The boys absolutely loved playing with all their little cousins. And, that is one thing that I'm sure my Gramma would have loved--having all of us together.



The morning of the day we left for California, I went to my yoga class. The teacher, a wise and wonderful woman, asked us to define human wealth. After a few minutes of reflection, the responses included: love, compassion and awareness. She said that human wealth is satisfaction. Of course she had been on my mind, but I immediately thought of my Gramma. I thought of her always being upbeat and positive, in essence, satisfied. Through every conversation and communication, she was interested and excited in what we were doing, even if it meant moving further and further away. She gave confidence, compassion and love. She passed her satisfaction on and for that she she lived the wealthiest of lives. And, for those of us who knew her we are all the more richer. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you went, friend! You will always carry a piece of Gramma Vi with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news Caitlin but happy that you went to spend precious time there. x m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks N & M! I am so glad we went. xo, C

    ReplyDelete