Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Carpenter

A while back I opened a small cabinet in Dorian's room to see if he had hidden anything in it, as he sometimes like to hide things around the house. I did find a car, a music box and...termites! I had heard about a company that uses a toxic-free, child-safe product and immediately looked them up. The thing was to coordinate the termite people with the carpenter, so as soon as the wood was removed (yes, the damage was that bad) the product could be immediately applied. So, after the termite company's estimate, we called the carpenter to come and take a look. He did more than take a look...I came home to find all the infected wood totally removed. Yikes! I quickly contacted the termite company who agreed to come that afternoon--yay! Then, we had to wait and wait and wait for the carpenter to come back to rebuild the cabinet in Dorian's room--very hard for an impatient 4-year old! The day finally arrived and Dorian was very excited.

Dorian watched his every move...seriously, he put off having dinner until it was done.


The carpenter did everything on-site:


Arthur was equally entranced:

2 comments:

  1. They are learning more here than ever! That's one of the things I love about this place ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely fascinated by carpenters myself...and masons, and electricians...great fun watching people work.

    ReplyDelete