Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mall art...

I make it a point not to go to malls too often. I find them pretty overwhelming. But, doing a little shopping with a girlfriend of mine the other weekend, we found ourselves at one of south Delhi's big malls. And, I came to a full stop when we saw this:



I remembered hearing about a new contemporary art museum opening a branch at the mall and I wondered if this was part of it? That day I didn't have time to check out the museum, but will definitely do so another day. I did, however, check out the museum's website to see if there was any link to this huge inflatable work machine: KNMAI didn't come across anything. And, when I did a search for Alan M. Eddison I found that he's the director of Green Earth Affairs in Zimbabwe. The mystery continues...is it modern art or a statement about ecology or both...?

No comments:

Post a Comment