Thursday, February 16, 2012

A special zoo outing...

A few months back, I wrote about the difficulties of coming back to Delhi and two things that got me motivated again. You can read about it here: A Good Thing. At the end, I say that this is the year we really start to give. So, we decided to help a child out in Delhi. And, we were lucky enough to meet him recently on a trip to the zoo. As to not put too much pressure on him meeting us for the first time and since he is quite  a small boy, we were invited to accompany him and his school mates on their zoo outing. It was a huge group of kids of all ages:
The bigger ones helping out the little ones:
The kids loved the birds:
And ice cream:
And the cheeky monkeys sneaking into the hippo enclosure:

All in all it was a great experience for us. A few days after our zoo trip, I was speaking with an amazing and very knowledgeable woman I know and from whom I learned foot reflexology. She was saying that the only thing we can truly do in life is to give--give knowledge, give love, just give...

1 comment:

  1. I missed the zoo trip somehow ... feeling behind in that mission, but so glad you went! So true, about giving!

    ReplyDelete