Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Business Cards

As I've mentioned before, we get a steady stream of vendors stopping by the house to sell their wares. I have a fairly nice stack of various business cards. The most common are for people selling woven baskets, mats, outdoor furniture and chicks. Chicks are window blinds, which I guess might be short for chicken, but I've never heard anyone refer to them as chicken. And, now I'm wondering why...must ask the all-knowing Raju. In any case, this made me laugh:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caitlin,
    I've just started reading your blog. Very interesting to look at India from your point of view.

    The card refers to chikan work - which is a type of hand embroidery from Lucknow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and for your knowledge. Next time someone comes by the house, I'll ask to see the chikan work since I know what it is now.

    ReplyDelete