Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rainy Taxi

Apparently, outside of the monsoon season, it's not supposed to rain in Delhi. So hearing the rain come down late the other night, I was surprised. And, in the morning it continued. I took a taxi on an errand and this is what it looked like:



No windshield wipers! Pretty scary, but we made it there in one piece. The rain stopped by mid-morning and for the first time in a long while, I saw the beautiful blue sky. No smoky, hazy winter-polluted grayness, just blue. It didn't last long, but it was much appreciated. I think the rain threw everyone off that day. Our curtains were supposed to be delivered and installed that afternoon, but "due to the bad weather", I was told over the phone, they would be coming the next day...oh, well, but it makes my wonder what happens during the monsoon.

1 comment: