Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fire with fire...



First of all, sorry for the very blurry image. I was trying to be stealth. Secondly, things are done differently here. The man pictured above is fixing one of our hot water heaters that has not worked since we moved in. It is the one to the boys' bathroom. They have never had a hot bath in our new home. This makes me sad. But, Dorian is enjoying his "big boy" showers and Arthur, well poor baby, just doesn't enjoy bathtime at all. So, as I said , he's fixing the water heater. Apparently the problem was (if I understood correctly) bugs or possibly wasps. I was asked for some bug spray, which was all used up, so I came back empty-handed. The man wasn't bothered and he proceeded to light a piece of paper on fire and put it in the water heater. Hmm...I always thought it was dangerous to light things, especially home appliances, on fire. Silly me. It did drive the bugs/wasps out. Thank goodness it wasn't our gas line that was bug infested...

1 comment: