Saturday, January 1, 2011

At the NGMA

I had seen the posters around town advertising for the Anish Kapoor exhibit at the National Gallery of Modern Art. And, I knew that my parents were both fans of his work. Not being too familiar with his art, I was looking forward to going to the exhibition during my parents' visit. And, we were not disappointed! Even the boys enjoyed seeing his amazing art creations. It's on through January, so if you're in Delhi, check it out. You can read more here:  http://ngmaindia.gov.in/ce_anish-kapoor-exh.asp




Also, a visit to the New Wing is definitely worth it. There were so many paintings of all subjects and styles and it was hard to see them all since the empty galleries were perfect for two little boys to explore...at a running pace!

4 comments:

  1. Heh...concerned art history prof. in tow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keeping those boys in line...and making sure they appreciate the art! Reminds me of photos of my brother and I when we were little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Marina blogged about this exhibit too. It's on my list of things for 2011 ... SEE more of Delhi -- so thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime you feel like exploring and need a partner in crime, call me!

    ReplyDelete